Old February 26th, 2012, 11:59 AM   #54
choneofakind
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: .

Motorcycle(s): .

MOTM - Feb '13, Feb '14
Quote:
Originally Posted by n4mwd View Post
Kawasaki is even putting EFI on their lawnmower engines now. But Ninjettes, zip.
Yeah, but how much does that lawnmower cost? and on top of that, there's not a percentage of the price going to body parts, which means that more of the selling price is going to the components on the fuel delivery system.

Quote:
But then again, the UK Ninjette costs $7,380 (USD) MSRP. That's about the same as what a Ninja 650 costs in the US.
Exactly. Kawasaki decided somewhere along the line that the US market wouldn't bear what they decided it would cost them to make an FI bike. It's a budget bike for Kawasaki. Until they have more reason to sell an FI 250 here (aka, emissions regulations) they won't because, hey, look at how many of us are currently riding a carb'd bike and loving it They've got a best seller that preforms well on carbs. Why would they increase the price, potentially losing business to Honda (or taking a hit by keeping the price the same) when they have a bike that already beats the competition at being a better sport bike?

Quote:
the Ninjette, especially the pregen, will kick its butt.
Dude why do you keep insisting that the pre-gen is so superior?? Have you even ridden a newgen? In stock form, they're better in every aspect except that tiny little top end that the pregen has (which is negated once you start doing intake and full systems) Not to mention, that midrange is awesome in twisties, and the suspension is so much better around turns.

Again, as a 250 rider, are you really deciding something is faster solely on top speed?? (which doesn't matter anyways, because I don't see you posting anything about drag racing experience)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmason718 View Post
I agree with you but for me if the 250 was a bike i was going to keep then I would want EFI. If the 250 is a bike that I plan on learning on then selling, then yes carbs will not be a deal breaker for me.
I plan to keep my ninjette. I got it practically new and completely stock. It's carb'd. I don't find anything to be wrong with carbs. They're easy to work on whenever you change the intake/exhaust. Maybe I'm just weird in that aspect. I mean I would love EFI for it's smoothness and throttle response, but I really don't mind the carbs. It still rides the same
choneofakind is offline   Reply With Quote