shspvr
ninjette.org guru

Name: Anthony

Motorcycle(s): 07 Kawasaki Ninja 250

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob KellyIII View Post
I don't have a ultrasonic parts cleaner and I am debating getting one
to clean the "Modern carburetors" with.
Obviously I could use one, because My one and only attempt at cleaning the Ninja carbs didn't get it running perfectly....
and I had the same trouble with the Xs650 carbs... but they were easy to get on and off but it took 3 tries to get them clean !
I'm thinking if I had just dismantled the carbs and dropped them in the tank and let them cook over night that they probably would have been pristeen the first try...
does anyone out there have an Ultrasonic parts cleaner that they Use and do they recommend any specific type ? I know some are heated and some are not
Some have fancy timers on them and some are bare basic timers...
but other than that I know nothing about them..... I was thinking of using Vinegar...in it if I got one .... but haven't thought about some of the really harsh chemicals yet.
I know Ducati Man has one that he uses and does so on a daily basis, so he must think it is worthwhile right ? LOL
for you people out there that have gone to the expense and got one do you use it enough to justify the expense ? does it actually clean like they say it does ? are there some things you better not throw in there ?

thanks in advance for your input !
Bob........
From what I have read
You want at 10l to 15l being there 6" deep for the carb and the Harbor Freight model is to small.
They make Ultrasonic Cleaner Carburetor Solutions it called Elma Tec Clean A4 not cheap.
Other option are Simple Green Pro HD Heavy-Duty 50/50 and Purple ZEP Commercial Degreaser keep under 30 min follow by soda blast cleaning.
There always Berryman Chemp-Dip Professional in 4 gal by good rinsing follow by soda blast cleaning.
There always the Wife going pop you over store and her pot pan on med to high heat LoL
shspvr is offline   Reply With Quote