View Single Post
Old February 7th, 2020, 04:22 PM   #31
DannoXYZ
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: AKA JacRyann

Motorcycle(s): CB125T CBR250R-MC19 CBR250RR-MC22 NSR350R-MC21 VF500F CBR600RR SFV650 VFR750F R1M ST1300PA Valkyrie-F6C

MOTY - 2018, MOTM - Nov '17
Quote:
Originally Posted by F9zSlavik View Post
With what has been said above, is it possible for my mechanic to be able to at the very least, JET the 2005 Ninja 250 enough to where it runs without any issues by ear? I ask because I wants to know if the bike will be ride-able as its my main bike for going to work and back. If you say I need to take it to a profesisonal thats fine, I will take it to a dyna tune place.

Anyone know of a place in San Diego and how much they charge?
Go ahead and test-ride bike in current stock condition. Do series of runs to redline with 25/50/75/100% throttle in 4th-gear and note how it feels. Document any throttle X rpm areas with dead-spots, or stumbles. i.e. 50%@8000rpms or 75%@6000rpms, etc.

Then install your exhaust and do same test. Compare conditions that had difficulty before and how it feels now. Also note any new areas that has stumbles.

This data may be enough for competent mechanic to tune better without actual AFR data. You may get only 1/2 of power-gains without actual dyno-tuning, but bike should at least be rideable.

When you get chance, fine-tune and dial it in on dyno. Some possible places, check reviews and get personal references. Verify that they have staff that knows how to tune carbs:

North County Hypersports in Oceanside
Mickey Cohen Motorsports, Placentia
Performance Choppers, El Cajon
Full Throttle Powersports, Santee

Last futzed with by DannoXYZ; February 8th, 2020 at 03:48 AM.
DannoXYZ is offline   Reply With Quote