View Single Post
Old February 9th, 2020, 08:47 AM   #36
DannoXYZ
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: AKA JacRyann

Motorcycle(s): CB125T CBR250R-MC19 CBR250RR-MC22 NSR350R-MC21 VF500F CBR600RR SFV650 VFR750F R1M ST1300PA Valkyrie-F6C

MOTY - 2018, MOTM - Nov '17
Quote:
Originally Posted by F9zSlavik View Post
Guys side note, how do I install the clip on handle bars? I took one of the handle bars off but the bar isnt out enough for me to put the clip-on on it. If i insert the clip-on, about a quarter of the clip on is making contact with the rod. Trying searching for videos on youtube but all i get is semi modern 250 :/
Gently loosen and lower triple-clamps over fork-tubes (raise fork-tubes) so you have enough exposed to clamp on clip-on bars.

Quote:
I couldn't get a hold 3 out of the 4. Full Throttle wants to charge me 300 for it. Is that the going price?

Funny enough they have a Ninja 400 in stock with 6k miles on it. He wants 4k for it. I told him i have 3. He said he will take the 3 plus the ninja 250. Told him i would think about it.

I then spoke with someone at POWAY MOTORCYCLE. He said he help create the jet kit from Power Sports. He said he would jet it but would charge me however long it takes him to properly jet it. Anywhere between 100 and 200 bucks. Thoughts?
$300-500 for dyno-tuning is about average depending upon how much work it takes. Can be anywhere from 2-5hrs. Poway $100-200 offer should come with dyno-chart showing power and AFR if it's legit. On turbo cars, it's not uncommon to spend $5k-10k on dyno-tuning to dial them in at higher boost-levels.

Best value is getting your own wideband O2-sensor and analyzing AFR yourself and dialing it in as best you can. This will get you 80-90% there and will only require 1-2hrs on dynos to get it perfect.

Quote:
The guy at full trottle offer to sell me a ninja 40p for 4k, will take 3k cash along with my Ninja 250. I dont feel its worth it.
This is great deal! You'll easily spend $1k-2k in upgrades over next couple years on 250 and it won't come anywhere close to stock 400 in handling or power. I say go for it!!! Offer him $2k cash and your 250 as start...
DannoXYZ is offline   Reply With Quote