View Single Post
Old February 10th, 2020, 09:07 PM   #40
F9zSlavik
ninjette.org member

Name: Gabriel

Motorcycle(s): Ninja 250 2005 / SFV650 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFMNINJA400 View Post
The 400 is a helluva bike. It’s light and handles awesome. I have a full track season on it. Made lots of changes. A friend of mines who is very fast on his 250, says he couldn’t get a feel for the 300. He has a 400 and he rides the **** out of it on the track. He prefers the 250 over the 300. I rode the 250 on some nice twisty roads and it feels allot like the 400. Looking forward to riding the 250 some more!
I really want the 400, just seems like a fun over all bike with a modern look!
That's interesting how you rode the 250 and liken it to a 400. Could a 250 be as fast as a 400? And by that I don't mean top speed but on acceleration. I need to test ride.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFMNINJA400 View Post
I have to agree with the great Danno, if you liked your 250, I am sure you will love the 400. I think the wet weight of the 400 is very close to the wet weight of the 05 250. It’s definitely lighter than the 08-12 250. See if the dealer will let you test ride it.
There is a guy who is willing to let one go for about 3500 bucks, only has 500 miles on it. He had a kid and he no longer wants to ride. I also have to be an adult here and can't just waste 3500 cash for a bike, not unless I sell the Ninja 250 or I use some of the repair money for the SFB650 that I wrecked back in October. My SFV650 has a bent fork and I can't find a cheap replacement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.J. View Post
Honestly if you’re attached to it and it runs like a champ I would keep it. Especially if it’s your only bike. My ‘06 runs better than some brand new bikes. I have never had an issue with it and to me that is worth more than $2k.
To be honest I really am attached to it. I do like it and want to keep her. Hence why I bought 2 used Yoshimura's exhaust. Their a little beaten up but they should do the job and if I like them, maybe I'll spent the money for some brand new one.

I love how she rides, she is comfortable, sporty in a classics sense, and just wants to bee pushed. My issue to be honest is that I like having 2 bikes and I like to split the wear and tear on them. My SFV650 has about 26k miles on it but she is out of commission right now due to a bent fork. I was involved in an accident last year.

Recent picture

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Eu3...ew?usp=sharing

F9zSlavik is offline   Reply With Quote