View Single Post
Old June 12th, 2018, 07:35 PM   #36
choneofakind
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: .

Motorcycle(s): .

MOTM - Feb '13, Feb '14
Speed is so relative. 25 mph on a chunky MTB trail while descending 2000' of that mountain you just spent 2 hours slaving up feels WAY faster than a curvy backroad with sweet sweet 35-50 mph corners. I love those magical 3rd gear curvy rods, but I hella love me some MTB descents.

For me... it starts as a 2, and always turns into a 1. When I start out at number 1, I get sloppy and lose all hope of number 2, which usually ends up with me getting hurt. Ride it clean, and the speed happens all on its own. You gotta sneak up on fast.

Honestly though... in a car, it's definitely number 2. I've started getting a wee bit quick in a car, and I'm able to corner hard enough to make myself get a little dizzy. And I've never been prone to car sickness before. So I'm resorting back to 2. Clean, smooth, precise, consistent. Enough to feel like I'm using the car for what it was designed for, but slow enough to create art while I do it. Also a little safer for me, if I'm being honest. I do enjoy a good parking lot hoon session after a good rain though
choneofakind is offline   Reply With Quote