View Single Post
Old June 17th, 2010, 06:22 PM   #11
2WheelGuy
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Craig

Motorcycle(s): '98 EX250, '02 EX250, '08 250r, '03 SV650, '98 GSXR750 '03 Hayabusa, '87 YSR50, '84 ZX900, +MORE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayme View Post
I dont see a point sending a 92 years old to jail though.
Every state has laws against driving impaired, yet the elderly seem to be immune. If I were caught driving after downing a half dozen beers I would be taken straight to jail, fined thousands of dollars, made to do community service and attend AA. I'd be willing to bet that I could drink myself over the legal limit and still be a less impaired driver than that 92 year old lady who killed the motorcyclist. Why does she get a pass?

There should be continuing driving tests for people, getting more frequent as you get older. Or at least a simple reaction test at the DMV. Red light comes on, hit the button. If you can't do that in a reasonable time, no license for you!

Years ago (maybe 30 years ago) 60 minutes did a segment on the problem of elderly drivers killing people in Florida. One old person had killed multiple people in multiple accidents and was still driving. All these years later nothing has changed.
AFM #278
2WheelGuy is offline   Reply With Quote