Motofool
Daily Ninjette rider

Name: Hernan

Motorcycle(s): 2007 Ninja 250

MOTY - 2016, MOTM - Dec '12, Jan '14, Jan '15, May '16
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by akima View Post
Thanks for the feedback Motofool (and others). I had a feeling that my reasoning would be roughly accurate but that there were more variables involved that I wasn't factoring in. The stuff quoted above are things I didn't know about and hadn't considered.
You are welcome, Akima

Some of the variables may be not exactly as described above, but that is how I understand those from books and from my own observations.

Any proficient motorcyclist should know and constantly feel what is going on in the small yet very important contact patches of the tires.

He/she may like or not exploring the limits of traction during cornering, braking and accelerating.
Inadvertently reaching those limits at the wrong moment and place is something that could end the enjoyment of a long lasting motorcycling career.

Develop a fine perception of balance, acceleration, gravity, road's surface roughness and contamination, as well as relative position, temperature, deformation and stress of contact patches.
IMHO opinion, that is a key skill to develop, as valuable as proper vision skills.

Motofool is offline   Reply With Quote

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.