View Single Post
Old March 12th, 2011, 09:55 AM   #120
UltrA_09
ninjette.org member

Name: Ultra!

Motorcycle(s): Ninja 250R '09, SV650s '07

Quote:
Originally Posted by CThunder-blue View Post
I got mine yesterday and installed it. The instructions supplied are for a 2 wire system and we have a 3 wire system. What you want to do is splice into the blue wire and leave the red one alone.

Simple wiring schematic:

Blue wire from bike----><----- Red wire from unit| Yellow wire from unit ----> Blue wire to bulb

Use the quick tap to connect the black wire from unit to the black/yellow wire from the bike.

Then just follow the instructions to set your mode. I pulled the bulb harness out and soldered the unit to that instead of attaching it to the bike's harness. I'm happy with the results and saved some good money. I will say that I soldered the points tho. I really dislike crimp connectors.
I got these in the mail yesterday and I'm very impressed! This thing is very compact; the chip is about the same size as a US/Canadian quarter.

The wiring was also very simple, exactly how you described it. Even though all that was required was a little soldering, I decided to wire it in through the use of OEM-style connectors purchased from Eastern Beaver. I also installed some bullet connectors so I can plug in my Rear LED Strips I purchased from Oznium.

Most importantly, I was very happy with the flasher modes! Out of 37 different modes, I found a few that I personally thought were perfect. I would say that for the price, this unit is definitely worth buying and installing.

At this point in time, I actually don't know what to do with my No Cut Brake Lamp Modulator... I may try to sell it locally for $20.

I'm very pleased, and I will soon have it completely wired up to my bike.
UltrA_09 is offline   Reply With Quote