View Single Post
Old October 2nd, 2018, 07:36 AM   #19
gantt
ninjette.org sage

Name: michael

Motorcycle(s): 2019 Ninja 400, Sold 2012 Ninja 650, Sold 2009 Ninja 250r, Sold 2007 DRZ400s

to fix it, you first have to understand how it works. no short cuts in doing things the correct way.
i recall the first time i ever used an impact wrench.
It was my first day as a paid mechanic.
oh boy..
it was a 1 inch drive gun, with a 3 and 5/16 inch or so socket. taking a pinion nut off a semi truck drive axle. i hauled that big impact up on the nut, and hit the trigger. that gun jumped like a mule, and busted my lip with the recoil. lol... i was wondering what kind of job i had gotten myself into.. four years later, i still learn new things each day, and i can diagnose issues that give the untrained fits of anxiety. i do still get my butt whooped on the regular. no matter how hard a problem is to find, it so many times winds up being a very simple repair. especially when it comes to electrical issues. might take 15 hours of labor at 130 an hr, and the fix is a short section of wire, and a good solder job.
90% of the work i do at the dealership is from the driver not taking care of the vehicle, or due to poor quality repairs made at an earlier date. if people did things correctly, half my work load would vanish...
gantt is offline   Reply With Quote