Old July 7th, 2013, 07:19 AM   #8
akima
Nooblet

Name: Akima

Motorcycle(s): 2011 Ninja 250R FI

MOTM - Oct '13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aggrotech View Post
i played the part right where she switches lanes over and over and over and...over.

if he simply locked his rear brake, why the hell did his rear tire tweak out left/right so fckn hard? Ive locked my rear a number of times (on purpose to get used to the feeling) and ive never had that happen. Also whats up with his right leg lol.. it almost instantly launches out to the right and way off the pegs/fairings.
After your comment I too have now watched it over and over from 50 seconds on! I think I figured it out.

You hear the engine rev up high about the time he hits the deck. You also see the tail end of his bike jump and skip out... it's not a progressive slide out. This tells me that it was the force of the engine driving the wheel that made the wheel jump out. I think if he had just grabbed a ton of rear brake then -- like you said -- it wouldn't have launched out so hard. He probably hit the front brake hard lightening the rear wheel while simultaniously grabbing a hand for of throttle. When he released the front brake, the rear wheel probably bit the ground hard, which combined with a bit of steering input caused the bike to skip around like it did.

That's just my theory!
akima is offline   Reply With Quote