View Single Post
Old February 4th, 2021, 03:52 PM   #14
SibSerge
ninjette.org member

Name: Sergey

Motorcycle(s): Ninja ZZR250 (EX250H)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DannoXYZ View Post
Hipsters are horrible! I walk buy useless stores like that every day in S.F. I threw away couple racing bicycles years ago due to worn-out drive-train, bent hangers, wobbly rims, etc. I could've just stripped drive-train and sold it to hipsters for $$$!

Hmmm, still have one bike left I'm not using...
Yeah these guys set their foot in the neighborhood where our office is and we felt the impact as the prices of lunches, coffee in the coffee shops went up
I got my Surly disk trucker bicycle frame (Surly does seem to position themselves very hip but that was not the reason why I bought it) from one of the hip places in downtown. The guy gave me a good discount assuming I would purchase the rest if the components from them. But me optimizing my expenses ordered all the stuff from Europe. He was not happy and did not reply to my emails even I never promised him though and it was not the condition of the purchase.

Before you sell that bike of yours that you are not using make sure you convert it to a fixie. Or to a single speed as a minimum. Brooks saddle and wraps will also add some value Adding a shopping basket on the front will double its value !
SibSerge is offline   Reply With Quote

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.