View Single Post
Old June 18th, 2013, 10:07 AM   #1
az3200
ninjette.org member

Name: AZ

Motorcycle(s): 2002 Ninja 250

Hit A Dog Yesterday

Hit a dog on my long way home yesterday from the library (2miles away) This happened 4 houses away from mine. It was one of those little yappy terrier dogs. He booked out from behind some parked cars in a driveway. At the same time I saw him running out I hear a woman yell and I pulled and pressed my brakes. All 3 things happened at the same exact time. The dog didn't die, and i didn't crash the bike, but it's still a crash it my mind because we made contact. He ran right out directly in front of me, stopped, and started barking like he was going to scare me off...dumb dog. I don't know how i didn't roll over top of him, It was one of those times when things start going in slow motion, you just KNOW your're going to hit it as you get closer, then it dissapears from sight because you're so close and start anticipating the "bump"....but no bump ever happened.... He did get hit by the left fork, my foot, and left foot peg. He got knocked down and rolled around a bit, and let out a yelp/cry.

The woman didn't even seem to car. She picked up him, put him in her truck then checked the oil on her truck all while the dog was barking like crazy. Glad he didn't die and I'm glad I didn't drop the bike or get hurt myself.
az3200 is offline   Reply With Quote