Old April 29th, 2012, 02:25 AM   #8
akima
Nooblet

Name: Akima

Motorcycle(s): 2011 Ninja 250R FI

MOTM - Oct '13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malicious Logic View Post
Lol, I thought riding jeans equated to only MTGATT?
Well, as long as they are proper riding jeans that protect your skin during a slide and they have knee pads built in, I figure they're fine.

I guess there is no official ATGATT meaning. I've considered myself ATGATT even though it was only a couple weeks ago that I bought myself a back protector. Does that mean I was MTGATT or ATGATT?

Primarily I care about skin protection, impact protection for my head and strong boots. Those 3 things are really important to me because:
skin - you're almost guaranteed to loose skin if you come off your bike at even slow speed. You're almost guaranteed to not loose any skin if you've got the right gear.
head - again, skin protection, but I believe that helmets save lives and massively decrease the chance of brain damage.
feet & ankles - i saw some statistics (don't have the source sorry) which showed that you're very likely to damage your feet & ankles in a motorcycle crash when you don't have protection for them. Infact, when I crashed my bike, I landed on my left ankle and pinned my leg in place. I was wearing protective boots though which I believe protected me from having my ankle broken.

I do also have other impact protection (shoulders, elbows, knees and back), but I would consider riding without those things in some scenarios.
akima is offline   Reply With Quote