View Single Post
Old July 19th, 2023, 06:06 AM   #8
Bob KellyIII
Retired motorcycle Mc.

Name: Robert

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Kawasaki Ninja 250R, 2021 CSC TT250, 1977 Triumph Bonneville 750cc,2001 Honda XR650L.

Well, Hummm ! I took apart the TIG gun and found no connecting points whatsoever for a cable to be connected it's totally sealed to hold argon gas
only the gas hose goes to the torch tip...( and the 2 wires for the switch).... so how in bloody hell does it get the power to light up an arc ? .... well, obviously it can't !
so with no way to plug in a lead to the welding tip I guess I am going to be
forced to buy a whole new tig torch... hoses cable and all
I wish I knew what a working TIG torch looked like ! on the inside.... because this one looks like it is supposed to be that way....
..... could they possably be sending the power through the gas hose ? like through the braded shielding ? .... if so that would mean it is fixed to one polarity..... the positive one I assume. if it is doing that, then I have no idea why it doesn't work..... something internal to the welder is broke !
there are just 2 connections from the TIG torch.... not 3.....just 2 one connector for the switch on the handle and the Argon hose.... that's it.....
does that sound cosher to you guys ? ..... ( sounds fishy to me!) there is no Big polarity switchable plug in that should be there so you can plug in to either Positive or negative big terminals in the front...
I don't even know if the hose IS braded but it could be under the cloth covering.... high pressure lines are commonly covered with a cloth but there is no need for a high pressure line there except to use the steel braiding as the electrical path to the torch.... so it is possible I guess !
..... I'm at a total loss here....
maybe the hose does have a braid but it is not connected correctly and therefore won't work.... that is a possibility!
any suggestions ?
Bob..........