View Single Post
Old February 3rd, 2012, 01:43 PM   #1
cuong-nutz
RIP Alex

Name: Cuong

Motorcycle(s): '10 250r, '09 265r

Cool CBR250 Hugger on your Ninjette

I currently have run a modded Yamaha Byson Hugger from Indonesia on my Ninjette. This hugger is not very accessible option for those in the states and other countries so another option was needed. That's where the Honda CBR250r comes in. These new bikes came from the factory with a hugger installed and guess what, it fits with some minor mods! The CBR250r Hugger can be had for $10 plus S+H. A very cheap alternative!! It clears a 150 size tire fine too.

Byson Hugger vs CBR250r Hugger

The modifications needed:
Th mods needed for this hugger is similar to that of the Byson's but less cutting needed as the exhaust of the hugger is shorter compared to the opposite side.

1. You will need to notch a space to clear the rear tire alignment guide so the hugger will sit flush with the swingarm. After doing so, secure the hugger using the factory bolt from your OE chain guard:

2. A notch is needed to clear the factory chain guard guide.

3. You will need to trim this section to clear the frame and undertail. I have not tested the undertail/battery box clearance during suspension travel yet.

4. This is the exhaust side of the hugger. Here you can choose to hack half it off to clear the brake line and use the holes to zip tie the hugger down to the swing arm with the hugger's mounting holes.