View Single Post
Old February 6th, 2012, 12:59 PM   #11
dragonboy
ninjette.org member

Name: JT

Motorcycle(s): 2010 250R SE Green Machine, 2011 250R SE White Lightning

Talking

Installed mine over the weekend on the wife's Green Machine, which is lowered 1.5". Absolutely no cutting required. Chain side back bolts right up. Ran the brake side right behind the brakeline and it clears the reservoir easy. Zip tied rear hole to the brake line loop to keep the hugger from sliding front to back. Then used two zip ties to hold it down to the swingarm. I did not have her try it out yet, but clearance to the battery box is close. Again, it's lowered so it may have more clearance on stock ride height with some added compression. Wife is a shorty so it is currently set at 1.

I would have experimented on my bike, but I already have the Scott's hugger and didn't feel like dealing with reattaching it. Overall, the CBR250 hugger is super easy to install and looks like a factory part. Only con is possible clearance issues. I will increase the rear shock to 2 and notch out the hugger to clear the battery tray if it becomes an issue.

BTW, it's so solid, I didn't need to use the front hole on the chain side. It kinda tucks behind the rearset so you don't even notice it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg cbr250 hugger.jpg (87.5 KB, 224 views)
dragonboy is offline   Reply With Quote