View Single Post
Old July 18th, 2023, 06:56 PM   #6
Bob KellyIII
Retired motorcycle Mc.

Name: Robert

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Kawasaki Ninja 250R, 2021 CSC TT250, 1977 Triumph Bonneville 750cc,2001 Honda XR650L.

thanks for the responce to both of you but neither one of you answered my question... let me re phraise my question....
does the TIG torch....leadin cable have a plug in so you can switch polarity
(like you mentioned Danno,) My TIG torch is missing that plug in ! no wonder it won't work !
.... so I will attempt to take the stinger of the stick welder portion and put it through the covering to the torch gun itself and see if I can hook it up...
it isn't a "TRIGGER" on the gun actually just a button that turns it on and makes the gas flow... just like a foot pettle but its a button on the TIG gun.
switch polarities ! negative to gun and positive to the work ! ok gotcha... when I can do that because as it came the gun cable had no plug in to any polarity....that is the problem... and I am so new at this TIG welding stuff I don't know what to look for !!!!
I mainly got it so I can silicon bronze BRAZE the gears on my Logan lathe
and TIG welding the Bronze on the gears looks to be the best way....
I made a Zuse Torch for propane that should reach that needed temperature
but I have sense thought better about heating the entire part to those high temperatures .( the part needs to be Pre-heated, but not all of it to cherry Red.... and I think that is exactly what the zuse torch would do it covers a wide area !)
..... So actually the question has been answered thanks.... I'll see what I can do.... if I can get it to work I'll let ya all know !
Bob...