View Single Post
Old May 6th, 2020, 11:02 AM   #1
Jamieb
ninjette.org newbie

Name: Jamie

Motorcycle(s): EX250 J

Good evening from the UK

Hi all,
First off thanks to all members who have posted good info on the ninja 250, I've read plenty on here to help make my mind up on my latest bike.
After much hunting around I managed to buy an 10 reg ninja 250 without breaking lockdown (bought blind with home delivery included). It arrived this afternoon so I took it out for an essential trip, my first ride on one of these.
The only faults I found are a slight chip to the front brake lever, and the petrol filler cap keeps farting..

Other than that though I'm impressed, it feels far less stressed at speed than I expected, sure it turns a few rpm when doing 60 plus but it really doesn't feel like it. Can't wait until I'm allowed out for a proper blast.

I've previously ridden most sizes of road and off road bikes from 125-800ccs but over the last few years I've found I'm happiest on something light as long as it hits and holds 70mph so this 250 fits the bill.

My bike before this was a Ktm Duke 200 - I'd recommend those to anyone, slightly punchier than the ninja 250 but runs out of steam at 85. Unfortunately that bike ended up splatted on the side of a blind van a few weeks ago The old duke is dead, long live the ninja.

Hope you're all well and coping with the current state of the world
Jamie.
Jamieb is offline   Reply With Quote