View Single Post
Old February 23rd, 2012, 07:30 PM   #5
EMSRacer07
ninjette.org sage

Name: Byron

Motorcycle(s): Ninja ex250 1990

Quote:
Originally Posted by n4mwd View Post
That sounded like a clever design. I'd definitely like to know how well it works.

The only thing I am worried about is that in all the solutions posted, the fuel still gets into the line, but is blocked from getting to the sensor. The presence of fuel may interfere with the sensor's operation because fuel is harder to move than air. IDK.

I was thinking that a more permanent solution would be to get a short piece of brake line and thread one end. Then screw that into a drilled and threaded hole in the TB at the 4 O'clock position. (Using JB-Weld as a thread sealer). That way, you significantly reduce the probability of gas getting into the port. This is especially true for people who mounted upside down.
Well from idk who said Matt might be able to stop that certain amount of fuel from entering the tube. Maybe the system is running a bit rich somewhere?

But having my MAP sensor attached right under my gas tank has not failed me yet. but still want to put something in it to, like u said, make sure its not reducing the sensor operation.