View Single Post
Old February 23rd, 2012, 07:33 PM   #6
flynjay
ninjette.org guru

Name: Jason

Motorcycle(s): 2007 Ninja 250 (sold), '06 Ninja 650R

Quote:
Originally Posted by n4mwd View Post
That sounded like a clever design. I'd definitely like to know how well it works.

The only thing I am worried about is that in all the solutions posted, the fuel still gets into the line, but is blocked from getting to the sensor. The presence of fuel may interfere with the sensor's operation because fuel is harder to move than air. IDK.

I was thinking that a more permanent solution would be to get a short piece of brake line and thread one end. Then screw that into a drilled and threaded hole in the TB at the 4 O'clock position. (Using JB-Weld as a thread sealer). That way, you significantly reduce the probability of gas getting into the port. This is especially true for people who mounted upside down.
From my experience the fuel in the line hasn't affected the MAP sensor reading. I thought about just putting a brass tube inside the map sensor tube so that it pulls from further off the wall of the throttle body. That is the next iteration.

I tend to try not to make permanent change unless I have to. There is always a solution.
flynjay is offline   Reply With Quote