View Single Post
Old February 26th, 2012, 11:26 PM   #25
Scattcatt
ninjette.org sage

Name: Zach

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Kawasaki Ninja 250R, 2003 Honda CBR600RR

Great that you have no gas in the MAP line! I have very little as well, over the past 1200 miles or so I've only gotten a tiny puddle in the lines, not even enough to bother draining.

As far as the amount of time I wait I totally vary it. Sometimes it's a nearly instantaneous key-on and start, other times I key on and end up waiting for well over a full minute before I actually crank the engine. I'll have to keep note of this, if anything it would make sense if my instant starts cause the rough initial riding.

My MSF instructor thinks the problem with the HID's is a power one for sure. I've personally never dealt with this relay that he's talking about though. Only one I've modified is for the blinkers after I installed LEDs on everything. It's a truly strange problem. I rarely have a problem on streets commuting to and from class. They cut at high speeds and high RPMs after hitting a bump. So it's shock related but it doesn't make sense if it was a wire that disconnected or something because they ALWAYS instantly come right back on after cycling the key.