View Single Post
Old February 11th, 2015, 07:52 AM   #47
Sirref
Private Joker

Name: Ben

Motorcycle(s): '99/'01 Ninja 250 "sketchy", '13 Ninja 300 "yoshi", '03 GSXR 600 "merlin"

MOTM - Mar '14
There's a "squid farm" near me as well. Same bullshit. There are good riders in the group, the issue is that they can't give advice since their advice is immediately ignored because of x,y,z excuse that it wasn't a rider control error that caused the **** up.

now danny, I agree supersports can be dangerous if you don't know what you're doing (or are riding them anywhere near their potential on public roads)

It's not uncommon for someone to hop on a ss after riding a 250 and wipe out because they made a mistake that was covered up by the 250's docile nature. Your example with the brakes is partially right since you can get away with doing that dumb and wrong approach to braking on a 250 and can't with an ss. However, if you learn the technique on the 250 correctly it transfers right over. This goes for everything other than throttle control, actually nvm it does apply to throttle control if you're doing it wrong on the 250 since on the 250 you just pin it everywhere and on the ss you roll on smoothly and consistently.

You should ride one before you make judgements though. People make mistakes on all bikes, they just tend to hurt more on supersports

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.