Thread: SoCal riders
View Single Post
Old June 1st, 2009, 03:04 PM   #25
ninjabrewer
dirty old man

Name: Chris

Motorcycle(s): Blue '08 Ninja 250

Long post, my bike is HERE

And she is back at my hotel. Drove down this morning to the port, another rider picking up his bike. He's riding to Boston. BOSTON, geez. A little dusty but no new scratches, PashaHawaii did good. Got gas and got on the I-5 North. Trying to keep up with traffic has me doing 80 rather quickly.

geez. Between San Diego and LA, there is an area that isn't quite as populated as the rest of the socal area. Traffic thinned out and I settled on a steady 70......or so. Oh wait I can go car pool lane. woohoo. And you wouldn't believe how much the ride smoothed out. These lanes are barely used. Going down, my partner and I hit the car pool lane and the rest of the freeway was at a crawl, we had PLENTY of road. It seems not many people car pool here.
The freeways are rough in many places and I was bouncing around rather bad and changing lanes to find a smooth one, you guessed it, the car pool lane. As I got back into the more populated areas, traffic picked up and I am going 75 in a 65 and getting passed like, well like road kill, a couple of bikes pass me and give me the wave, cool dudes. Giving the wave at 85.

Lil blu got back in really good time, I don't think I dropped below 70 for practically the entire ride back. To be honest, when I hit 85 once of twice, I really didn't know this bike went that fast, but the little engine that could.....did. And I am glad that I brought the liner for my mesh jacket with me to pick it up. Even with the liner I was shivering a few times, it was COLD.

So now, my bike is here and maybe I can go for ride this weekend. Now I just need to change the oil.......and get more aggressive on the road.

nb