Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250r

No electrical power - ignition, lights, etc

Hey ya'll,

So, I get the idea on Friday that I'm going to rip out my carbs to:

-Clean them
-Shim the needles
-Bench Sync
-Remove the fuel/air caps

So, I get everything torn apart, and get all of the above done.

Now, I install the carbs into the bike. I start up the bike, and it's running bad. I test for vaccum leaks- bingo. Found the issue, and resolved that.

Next up, I am adjusting the air/fuel idle screws and I turned one too far and the bike shut off. It wouldn't start, and eventually the starter killed the battery. (I need a new battery obviously.)

I turn the screw back, get the jump box I have, hook it up and bam- bike starts up just fine. I continue with setting the screws, and get the back to where I like it (soooo smooth by the way ), and shut it off.

I put everything the rest of the way back together:

Battery box, battery, fairings, gas tank, etc.

I swing my leg over, flip the switch, and NOTHING. No dash, no lights, no horn, NOTHING.

So, I'm like wtf, battery must be dead. Tear off the kneepad fairings, the seat, hook up the jumpbox....and nothing. wtf. Take the battery out, hook the jumpbox directly to the terminals, and nothing.

Charge the jumpbox all the way full, try above again, nothing.

I followed the wires from the battery terminal- the ground wire is secure on the frame, and the positive wire going to the main 30 a fuse is secure, as well is the ground.

I also checked the 30a fuse itself- it's fine. Following it further, the wire on the starter motor is also fine. I looked around the ignition, and the big green plug up there on the right side is plugged in. (Assuming this is the ignition plug)

At this point in time, I'm totally lost. I can do mechanical stuff all day long, valves, carbs, suspension, final drive etc. But, electrical is out of my wheelhouse.

So, if someone could help me track this stupid electrical issue down, I would love you and also paypal you enough to buy yourself some dinner and a case of beer.

Bluberryrain is offline   Reply With Quote