View Single Post
Old June 3rd, 2014, 04:13 PM   #12
micoulisninja
modaholic junkie

Name: Nick

Motorcycle(s): 2001 ZX-12R, 2009 ninja 345cc and plenty of others in the past...

here in Greece a "famous" swap is the usd from an Aprilia RS125 2-stroke sport bike...fits without any mods...the whole system and
front wheel is same size but lighter than 250's and works ideally for RACING use with a rider of about 65-80kgs(that's about 140-175lbs) but this swap is no good for commuting with a passenger...
for my 250 I have chosen hyperpro's stiffest linear springs (8,5Nm/mm) and oil of 15 viscosity because it works better in our kinda hotter climata and is much better for haeavy riders like myself (90kgs-200lbs) my rear shock is a gsxr600 '06 model (saw the post here and tried it, huge improvement and quite cheap...)

I strongly reccomend you stick with oem forks and invest on springs and thicker oil if your riding with your wifeand/or some luggage...

now for the brakes... rear just some ebc race pads, steel line and 5.1 brake fluid
front still running on oem disc but caliper is sumitomo oem R1 (blue taps)and so is the brembo master cylinder ('06 mod)
can do endo whenever I please...soon I 'll try the 320mm oversize disc...