Thread: Fitness!
View Single Post
Old June 22nd, 2014, 01:41 PM   #86
corksil
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: TC

Motorcycle(s): A lot.

Yeah I'm getting sick of that sunshine crap. I had to shut all my windows and pull down all the blinds this morning at 5am because the sunshine crap was waking me up and I was still tired. It's relentless. Every dang day. all day. without fail. it's brutal. i'd be riding right now if it weren't so hot out..

I know how hard it is to make time for fitness -- but like anything in life all it comes down to is priorities. Somehow you've made taking a shower every night and brushing your teeth every morning a priority -- by repeating the same actions again and again. It's the same with working out or riding or running or swimming -- when you consistently force your schedule to make time for it, eventually it just becomes something you do automatically.

I'll bet you don't wake up in the morning and think "AAwwww, I've gotta brush my teeth... AGAIN>?!" -- nope, you just do it on auto pilot. It's the same with my lifting.. I wake up and it's something that I'm just aware of that I will make happen during that day, rain or shine.

Repetition until the activity transcends the level of 'mind.' Until it becomes as much a part of you as your hand or foot. Not something you do, something you _are_.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.