Thread: Fitness!
View Single Post
Old June 25th, 2014, 09:22 AM   #98
greenaero
Motorcycle Hypermiler

Name: Vic

Motorcycle(s): 1999 & 2005 Kawasaki Ninja 250R's

@Ninjinski, While I agree excessive exercise can be unhealthy and damaging, exercise within moderation and with healthy goals is still very beneficial. ( not that you are saying that exercise is all bad!) . I too am in my mid 60's and while I have modified my lifelong exercise regime to meet my needs I still have a great passion for exercise. I realize I have some compulsive tendencies about my workouts and have occasionally suffered for them. But I have also learned from this and have modified my routine accordingly. I would have to say that my early realization of the value of physical exercise ( actually the whole idea of setting goals and working diligently to achieve them ) has been a key factor in my success, happiness and quality of life.

While I'm not into body-building or long distance running, mainly due to their limited benefit to optimal health, I have great respect for those who pursue these sports just as I respect anyone who pursues a postive goal with passion.

It has been my experience that the healthiest and happiest older people are those who make an effort to be physically active. I would argue that yoga practioners are also exercisers .