Thread: Fitness!
View Single Post
Old June 25th, 2014, 12:32 PM   #103
allanoue
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Al

Motorcycle(s): 2013 Ninja 300..............2008 Ninja 500-sold...2009 Ninja 250-Crashed

MOTM - Sep '14
Quote:
Originally Posted by corksil View Post
Obsession is a word the lazy use to describe the dedicated.

I agree about the human body being biologically maladapted to running long distances. Running is for escaping predators, up to a quarter mile at the most.

That's why I run in the sand on the beach, because it's much easier on the joints than running on a hard surface like tarmac.

And sometimes after a quarter mile, I can still hear the monsters chasing me so I don't stop. Sometimes I get all the way to 12 miles before I escape them.

Excessive exercise a sign of mental instability? Who knew. I may be crazy, but I'm bigger than you, stronger than you, and if I don't like what you think, I'll push you down in a mud puddle and all the other kids will laugh.

I'm not speaking literally, but there's something about being in god-mode-fitness-status that just cannot be described. Most people will never experience it. Those who have, know it's indescribable. To love your body and be perfectly content with it, but continue to train and grow just for the hell of it. "Let's see how far we can take this.."

Good posts guys, time to find something for breakfast, then do my lifting and get on with the day. It's raining outside, I guess I will be lifting in the rain. Oh well. I'm waterproof. Wouldn't be the first time.

You smoke, one of the worst things you can do to yourself. You are young and emotionally think you are indestructible. Intellectually you know this is not true but you are acting on your emotions and poisoning yourself. There is no healthy smoking in moderation. You are doing damage that will never get repaired.

Your addiction to nicotine shows you are weak.

Keep calm and ride on -Motofool
Never quit on a rainy day -ally99
allanoue is offline   Reply With Quote