Thread: Fitness!
View Single Post
Old June 26th, 2014, 04:28 AM   #118
allanoue
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Al

Motorcycle(s): 2013 Ninja 300..............2008 Ninja 500-sold...2009 Ninja 250-Crashed

MOTM - Sep '14
Quote:
Originally Posted by corksil View Post
I'm going to let you in on a little secret. Not everyone who smokes is 'trying to quit' -- 'hopelessly addicted' -- "needs to turn their life over to a higher power and admit defeat.'

Same way not everyone who enjoys a few beers is a raging drunk who is beyond all hope of ever living a normal life.

Smoking is an activity that I choose to partake in. Just as riding a motorcycle carries known risks, the pleasure it affords me in regard to taking those risks outweighs the potential negative consequences.

Same with cigarettes.

As with any relationship, personal or professional, private or public, with an inanimate object or otherwise -- when the pain exceeds the pleasure, the use has become abuse and it's become more toxic than beneficial to the organism.

I smoke, I drink, and I do lots of other things that the general public has been conditioned to believe are self-destructive regardless of any level of personal moderation. And you know what? I put in the work to offset the negative consequences and I enjoy every cigarette, every beer, and every hit of all of the other stuff to my hearts content.

Does that make you angry? I'm not like I used to be in my younger years, because I realized that I was on the fast track to killing myself prematurely, but god damn this stuff is still fun as long as you keep a handle on it.

Same difference -- the bike you choose to ride can kill you in an instant if you don't keep it under control. But you keep it under control and you reap the joy that riding it brings.
The answer I expected from you. I would have been disapointed with any other answer. Guess the river:

Keep calm and ride on -Motofool
Never quit on a rainy day -ally99
allanoue is offline   Reply With Quote