View Single Post
Old February 12th, 2015, 11:53 AM   #3
alex192
ninjette.org member

Name: Alex

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250r (FI)

I have just had a thought. Would it be possible (/ wise) to bypass the switch in the ignition for the indicator circuit? So in theory the indicators would forever be 'live' (ie connected to +ve battery) so they would function normally when ignition switch is on, but also when the ignition switch is turned off.

Looking at this diagram: http://faq.ninja250.org/images/a/a4/...matic_-_R4.pdf

It appears I can bypass the indicator switching wires (white/green cable to white/black cable) by simply rerouting the white/green cable straight to the grey cable on the far right of the fuse box labelled '+12vdc from main fuse (30 Amps)'.

The only problem I can see from this (apart from the fact that I would be able to operate the indicators without the key in) is that from the ignition switching diagram at the bottom right of the schematic, it appears that the white/green cable for the indicators is connected with the ignition cable (gray) to the white/black +12vdc cable. I assume the ignition circuit is running parallel to the indicator circuit and not in series, as the small diagram suggests?

Thanks for the help, great forum.
alex192 is offline   Reply With Quote