View Single Post
Old April 13th, 2015, 09:03 PM   #18
asdfman
٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶

Name: asdfman

Motorcycle(s): 09 Ninja 250 held together by duct tape and zip ties

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex View Post
Yes, to a point. I think it is helpful that new riders are made aware of what's out there. Of course it is their own personal decision when they get on the bike, but they should make that decision with all available knowledge. That amount of knowledge as a newbie is completely dependent on the people you ride with and sites like this. Some people aren't aware of hearing protection even being a thing until they see someone else with earplugs and wonder why. Some people might not be aware that there are many different types of gear, at all different price points and materials, that have all different levels of comfort and/or ease of wearing.

Proselytizing has a negative connotation for me at least, meaning that you shouldn't continue to shove your own point of view down someone else's throat, even after they have made it clear that they aren't particularly interested in hearing your point of view. I can certainly see how discussion like that would get out of hand on certain boards, even this one from time to time.
Certainly, I agree completely with you. People should be able to make their own decisions as long as it's an informed decision.
asdfman is offline   Reply With Quote