View Single Post
Old May 21st, 2015, 07:49 AM   #50
InvisiBill
EX500 full of EX250 parts

Name: Bill

Motorcycle(s): '18 Ninja 400 • '09 Ninja 500R (selling) • '98 VFR800 (project) • '85 Vulcan VN700 (sold)

MOTM - Aug '15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hasersys View Post
I was also looking into running ex500 later model wheels since they are so cheap. Was afraid of spacing though. I think I am just going to put out the cash for the lighter new wheels. Last thing I need is the wheels. Never tried centering a wheel that wasn't original on the swingarm so not sure how it is done. Was the front end and rear cheaper than doing the newgen swap?
I'm late to this discussion, but I wanted to point out that the 500 wheels match up with the NewGen wheels. The pivot point of the 500's swingarm is 7mm wider than the NewGen's, and the way the speedo drive and front wheel work together is slightly different. But overall, you can swap the front and rear wheels between the two without any real issues, just a couple other little OEM parts. Myself and at least one other guy have the NewGen Vrossi wheels on our 500s.

*** Unregistered, I'm not your mom and I'm not paying for your parts, so do whatever you want with your own bike. ***
InvisiBill is offline   Reply With Quote