View Single Post
Old June 17th, 2008, 08:28 PM   #1
Alex
ninjette.org dude

Name: 1 guess :-)

Motorcycle(s): '13 Ninja 300 (white, the fastest color!), '13 R1200RT, '14 CRF250L, '12 TT-R125LE

Fender modification

I really tried to live with the stock rear fender. My plan was to leave this bike as close to stock as feasible. But, putting the bike up on a rear stand was challenging because the darned fender was so long that it interferes with the Pit Bull handle, and it needs to be bent out of the way to lift the bike. Or, it takes 2 people to do it, one to straighten up the bike and the other to carefully put the stand under the spools.

Not liveable. So, I took my handy-dandy hacksaw, removed the license plate, and sliced it cleanly off behind the plate. I managed to keep it pretty clean and level. I was worried it would look terrible, but the functionality was needed for me. Turns out that it looks fine (and now works fine). No need to buy a fender eliminator kit as far as I can tell, and with the new seat cowl that we just added, I'm perfectly happy with how the rear of the bike looks. I love this little ninjette.

ninjette.org Terms of Service

Shopping for motorcycle parts or equipment? Come here first.

The friendliest Ninja 250R/300/400 forum on the internet! (especially Unregistered)
Alex is offline   Reply With Quote