View Single Post
Old October 22nd, 2012, 06:02 PM   #25
choneofakind
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: .

Motorcycle(s): .

MOTM - Feb '13, Feb '14
You're fine!! It's just that online, you get everything from seasoned riders with lots of technical skill to newbies who are still learning. Heck, we're all learning, it's just a large difference of skill levels.

Feeling confident is good. Knowing how to relax and fight your SR's and ride out a turn is good. Feeling comfortable with leaning and rolling on and looking through your turns is good. Being cocky is bad. There's a fine line. As long as you know that you're alright.

You'll know you're pushing too hard and being dumb when you start finding yourself thinking, "huh, maybe I should have reacted differently to _____ that was in the road" or, "that could have been bad" or, "oh sh!t that was way too fast". Often, the limits of the road (traffic, road temp, crap on the road, animals, people, weather) are much much lower than those of the bike/rider. Those are the real limits that you have to follow.

I completely agree with the above post about the second season being dangerous. That's what I experienced as well; just skilled enough to push, but not experienced enough to realize you shouldn't be. The track is way more fun than the street anyways.
choneofakind is offline   Reply With Quote