View Single Post
Old September 29th, 2013, 10:59 AM   #3
The_big_dill
ninjette.org member

Name: Phil

Motorcycle(s): 1987 Ninja 250 custom gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by FvnnyL3tt3r1ng View Post
Hate to start another thread on this but I drove it home one night and the next morning it wouldn't start or bump start.

I heard some strange noises coming from the starter and I thought the timing chain may have skipped but I just confirmed it is timed correctly.

Spark is good on both sides.

Not sure if the valve clearances was ever done on this engine because I bought it used w/ ~14k miles on it.

Carbs haven't been *thoroughly* cleaned in a while but I would expect it to bump start at least but it won't.

Rate of fuel flow is fine.

Starter cranks fine.

Battery is charged.

Throttle cable is attached correctly.
Clean the carbs. I think thats the most common issue when the bike doesn't start. Other than that, bad fuel, but i don't really believe that it won't even stumble when you try to turn it on. Besides i assume it was running on the same tank last time it was running and you aren't nearly empty.

You checked everything else that would stop it from at least starting, so give those carbs a cleaning. When i clean them, i like to make sure that if i spray it into 1 hole in the carb, i can see it coming out of another.

I had an unknown issue recently where i checked everything at least 3 times and it still wouldn't start. Using starting fluid and a LOT of cranking (not all at once), i got her running again.
The_big_dill is offline   Reply With Quote