View Single Post
Old May 6th, 2023, 05:30 PM   #82
Bob KellyIII
Retired motorcycle Mc.

Name: Robert

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Kawasaki Ninja 250R, 2021 CSC TT250, 1977 Triumph Bonneville 750cc,2001 Honda XR650L.

well... Damm..... today the little Monster doesn't want to run worth a sh#@ !
it started easy.... ran for a few seconds on full choke and she started gaining RPM as usual , I turned off the choke and it idled fine....
I let it warm up for a minute or so and then gave it the throttle it took throttle fine
but then around 6K RPM it sounded like a cylinder was dropping out and it had a flat spot in it... I burried the throttle to see if I could get over it and it balked and coughed a few times then reved to 9k with no problem....
I let it idle for a few seconds and the same thing around 5k easing the throttle a bit more and the flat spot got worse... giving more throttle and it did get over it ...
I think Riding it is going to show a big flat spot around 5&6 grand....
yeasterday it was fine ...today it's Not ! WTF ??? I did not change a single thing !
I'll put on the gas tank and leave the fairings off and give it a good 5 mile ride to see what the thing does.... get some concrete evidence of WHAT it is doing....
and then go from there...
makes me wonder about the sparkplugs again because it feels like a sparkplug breaking down under acceleration.... those are new iridium sparkplugs in there and they SHOULD be good... but my experience with sparkplugs is not stellar by far in the past I had a very hard time getting good spark plugs.... and I really don't think the manufacturers changed a darn thing through the years ! they just pump out more.
but I do have about 6 sparkplugs now so if I can find the cylinder that is iffy I could replace that plug one of the 6 should be good !
but that is only valid if it is sparkplug.... doubtful
it feels lean in mid range so what can I do to ritchen up mid range ? raise the needle
or increase main jet size....
it also feels sluggish on acceleration not snappy like it should be.
but it does not hesitate off idle like it used to do... it's just not crisp !
Bob....