View Single Post
Old May 8th, 2023, 01:33 AM   #83
Bob KellyIII
Retired motorcycle Mc.

Name: Robert

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Kawasaki Ninja 250R, 2021 CSC TT250, 1977 Triumph Bonneville 750cc,2001 Honda XR650L.

thinking about the situation i have come up with a few conclusions... 1. I am too old for this ****! 2.the problem I had before is still there but lessoned a great deal 3.the bike hates me !
You guys mentioned fine tuning might be necessary... Um.... like what ? I'm not a Race tuner and I don't have physic ability when it comes to Kawasaki motorcycles...
there is no road map that discribes how this bike is running and what steps to take to correct them.... My mechanical intuitions fall short when the bike does not act the same way twice.... one day it works great the next it has a flat spot about 5~6k.
so going by what I know the flat spot is probably always there just odd random things
make it fail to show on occasion.... if that is the case then the flat spot is the problem
We've made progress in the fact that the flat spot is much smaller almost gone...but not quite..... so I'm guessing that what I need to do is more of the same....
all that was done was change of the main jets to 95 and 2 shims were added under the needles.... and the high float level on one was fixed....
other than that as far as I am aware there was nothing else wrong with the carbs
and they were checked by the best person with carbs I know... Gordon....
the only way I know of checking what it is doing at the flat spot is to run it at that speed
for some time and then check the plug color if the plug color is white it is running lean
if it's dark it's running rich.... ...now mind you that is not at WOT (wide open throttle)
but right at the area where the throttle valve cutaways and jet needles do the most to control the mixture....
any suggestions ?
Bob......