View Single Post
Old June 6th, 2023, 02:38 PM   #105
DannoXYZ
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: AKA JacRyann

Motorcycle(s): CB125T CBR250R-MC19 CBR250RR-MC22 NSR350R-MC21 VF500F CBR600RR SFV650 VFR750F R1M ST1300PA Valkyrie-F6C

MOTY - 2018, MOTM - Nov '17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple Jim View Post
I may be wrong, Danno, but my recollection is that when Bob got the carbs back from Gordon the first time, all jetting was stock.
Ah true, and he sent them back. Did Gordon find anything wrong? Or did he just downsize jets and install shims?

It's still running rich as indicated by worse behavior when air gets hotted up. Leave mains as-is and remove one shim. Then other.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob KellyIII View Post
and yes I think it is the right hand side that keeps trying to die on me (cylinder wise)
the idle was like 100 RPM when I turned off the choke.... because the right cylinder quit firing.... I spreyed carb cleaner on that side of the carb and that cylinder picked up and ran on both cylinders......
it ain't supposed to do that !!!!!!
so I at least know where to look !
Bob, you have history of not putting bike back exactly way you found it: breaking fairing tabs, etc. Be extremely careful with disassembling and re-installs. Make sure carbs are fully-inserted into rubber-manifolds on both sides before tightening clamps. Make sure lip of rubber manifolds don't get folded/rolled over. Same with airbox boots. Take close-up videos before and after and play them on large-screen TV to compare.
DannoXYZ is offline   Reply With Quote