View Single Post
Old January 21st, 2014, 03:28 PM   #112
Racer x
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Eric

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Kawmeracchi 350 2010 Project X

MOTM - Sep '18, Feb '16
I guess I need to resurrect this thread. I went to Ohio to test the bike with 60 hp. But I did not have a good day, I totally f ed up. I drained the entire fuel system in June because I would not run the bike again until the end of September. I forgot to bleed the fuel system for the nitrous. This takes five to ten seconds for fuel to run gravity feed through all the hoses then fill up the pulsoid and begin flowing into the motor with the nitrous.

For the 2014 season I will not have that problem. And I will have both a 265cc engine and now a 282cc engine.

I made one pass all motor just to test my repaired shoulder more than anything. went about 105mph.

Then went for the nitrous shot. Everything was perfect . wind was calm warm nice day, bottle pressure perfect. I got to about 103 mph and pushed the nitrous button in sixth gear. One half second latter the EGT read 1600 deg F!!! and I drifted through the trap at 56 mph. drifting over 1/4 of a mile. Then having to push the bike two miles back to my van. and go home.
DRY SHOT because I did not purge the fuel side of the nitrous system. O well the bike is still the fastest one in the record book.