Thread: Carb woes
View Single Post
Old February 17th, 2022, 12:50 AM   #256
Bob KellyIII
Retired motorcycle Mc.

Name: Robert

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Kawasaki Ninja 250R, 2021 CSC TT250, 1977 Triumph Bonneville 750cc,2001 Honda XR650L.

the funny thing about cars and gas mileage is that for my toyota 2wd truck to cruse down the road at 60mph it only takes about 20hp to do that.....
most big tuna boat cars only take about 25~30 hp just because of the weight
.... so if your feeding a 300hp motor it's all wasted ! a motorcycle takes way less to cruse at 60mph.... something like 10hp if I remember correctly
even if it's a 2 wheeled motorhome ! obviously these figures were done with the same shape in the wind tunnel at Berkley I think it was...
but the areo dynamic drag is what gets you in crusing a bus is probably the worst but it is not that much more hp because of the speed it was calculated at.... increase that speed and the hp needed goes up quickly
but I was shocked when I discovered that.... I turned my big pontiac Bonneville brohm v-8 car into a 4 cylinder and blocked off the valves and i was supposed to get something like 4 times the gas mileage I was geting.... well, you can't believe everything you read.... I only got a increase of 5 MPG ! as much as 10 MPG on a good day... but not the 50MPG plus that they said I would get...so I put all the stuff back in there and sold the car getting 25mpg ! ....which wasn't bad for a tuna boat !
Bob.....