View Single Post
Old January 29th, 2012, 05:29 PM   #39
Error_mage
ninjette.org member

Name: Maurice

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250R (sold), 2001 Suzuki SV 650S

Without going into comparing how much more/less your life is privileged, one thing just jumps out at me...You’re maintaining a freaking fleet of vehicles! I mean having a car and a bike for personal use is already pretty sweet; owning an additional dirt/track/project bike is awesome; but yet another vehicle will simply seem like overkill to most people. No idea how many car’s etc. your parents own, but that may also play a part as they might not be able to see why you need more than one means of transportation.

Another factor might be that the cost of maintaining all the bikes, the car, education, whatever else you consider personal expenses. Perhaps your mom is just worried you’ll incur debt, lack a social life, burn out doing over time in a (low?) wage job all for the sake of owning an unusual amount of motorcycles…

Perhaps saving some cash for now will solve the problem? If you don’t spend it in an obvious manner people won’t want to have a piece of it and you can always go out and buy whatever/whenever you feel like, providing you managed to save up enough.

-Just some ideas that hit me while in a half-asleep state...=)