Old March 25th, 2015, 09:45 AM   #18
spooph
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Spooph

Motorcycle(s): '08 Ninja 250R

MOTM - Oct '15
Quote:
Originally Posted by RcTechnologies View Post
After EXTENSIVE analysis, a number of things have become evident and a little lab work was required to prove them as well. Ghost, thanks for pointing out the specifics of syc, not very many know that, and neglect other factors that influence vaccum.

Spooph, from what we can tell you are most likely correct. The design of the header does in fact maximize use of exhaust pulse from the cyl #1 to generate low end torque in cyl #2. (firing 1-2-1-2). Manufacturing defects not withstanding, header design will have a profound effect on the amount of A/F charge at low rpms, especially with 13.25" (ver?) header length. And, of course, our mains kick in past certain throttle positions, rpms etc...

Finally , we filled the header with mineral spirits and did volume measurements.
Just from the math, it is the case that to make useable power below 4K rpm and beyond 2nd gear, extensive low end tuning had to be performed on a motor that is realistically only effective at high rpms (due to its displacement).

Well done to all of you!
Awesome, thanks for confirming my theory! I'm guessing you're not going to be posting any of this data up here?

Regardless, keep up the good work, very interesting stuff this...

My therapist has 2 wheels and a seat.
If you are ever in doubt to my tone, please refer to my avatar.
spooph is offline   Reply With Quote