View Single Post
Old April 16th, 2013, 04:50 PM   #98
tooblekain
ninjette.org sage

Name: Matt

Motorcycle(s): 2007 Triumph Bonneville; 2008 Ninja 250r (trackbike)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBinSD View Post
Yeah, I understand the points issue, and would agree to forfeit any points, as they mean nothing to me. I know there's not enough 300's out there to grid a SS, and honestly I don't mind having just one race a day, but just thought I'd ask.

After thinking about it, I might well kill the issue for now, and wait to see what shows up next season, since its the break anyway, and not worth the drama of discussion.

The sad thing is that if I were faster, it would be an issue. . . I think I have 4 or 5 races total now under my belt, so I'm just glad to be out there, and stoked you guys have accepted me (not in the nutsack punching way, but I'm good wid that too ;-)

I'll see if I survive 'till next year, and hopefully more 300's will show up. I keep bringing the SV out, and not racing it, 'cuz it fooks me up too much switching back and forth.

If I ever get fast enough to get protested, I'll consider it a compliment. For now, I'll just roll the ULWS and get my drink on that much earlier. Disregard my earlier poast.

Anyone else riding A group on Fri?
I feel for you about showing all the way up from San Diego County to just do 1 race a day. I know that I would not race CVMA if it was only one race a day.

Points matter somewhat to me after seeing the awards banquet and amateurs winning, so personally I am trying for a top amateur overall spot. Each race weekend though I would like to have a dice with someone or try to hang on to a fast guy to learn something. If I can't then I just try to shoot for a new PR.

So you totally have my sympathy for wanting to race more than just once a day.

An SV650 and Ninja 250 are two different animals so of course you'll be thrown off. I think you're in a fork in the road and need to determine whether you want to race SV650 or Ninja 250. Of course you can do both but I think you would benefit overall if you just focus on a machine dedicated for racing.

In terms of track time for racing, I think the SV is the way to go. However in terms of skills transferring over, I think the 300 would be the better way to go. I know when I rode Jonathon's 250s and hopped on my D675 I immediately went faster.
*CVMA #312*SoCal Trackdays*BigHeadz Racing*Motion Pro*Factory Effex*Leatt Brace* Racetech *Bell * Woodcraft CFM*Vortex*Hotbodies*Surface Sun Systems*Braking*LiveWire Energy*Freegun Underwear
tooblekain is offline   Reply With Quote