View Single Post
Old September 1st, 2021, 02:28 PM   #1
ruhil
ninjette.org member

Name: Anirudh

Motorcycle(s): Ninja 250R (2009), Special Edition

Exclamation 08 Ninja 250R dies if throttle closed, will not idle

Hello Maestros.

Greetings from a returning noob who is pretty sure you know the answer to my moto woes ...

1. Bike sat for a few years without being ridden at all.
2. Got a new battery, charged it up, hooked it up, and off we go to start.
3. Runs but dies without choke on. Idles in the 1300\1400 range, good with me.
4. Removed and cleaned the carbs, put them back on the bike, and added new fuel.
5. Now bike starts without choke, but I have to open the throttle to get it going. If I release the throttle, bike dies. Tried adjusting the idle but has not helped.

My inexperienced guesswork leads me to suspect that either

(a) I messed up with the idle cable when I cleaned the carbs but I cannot see how that would have happened since I did not mess around with the idle screw at all. Jets and bowls, yes, but not the idle screw. OR
(b) When I reconnected the throttle cables I somehow set them up to be at "zero" throttle and so unless I open it up even a fraction, the engine dies? Not sure if this even makes sense mechanically but what do I know!

I have the manual and the usual array of 50+ forum messages and youtube DIY videos bookmarked but if any of you gods and goddesses have clues as to what might be going on and how I could get at fixing it, may the pantheon of gods from the House of Kawasaki bless you to eternity!

Gracias

Ani
ruhil is offline   Reply With Quote