View Single Post
Old October 8th, 2014, 07:12 PM   #9
Bigballsofpaint
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Jay

Motorcycle(s): 2015 636 ABS - 69 Honda 305

Quote:
Originally Posted by APEmike View Post
You are passing right by one of the best and most famous roads in SoCal! Check out highway 2, Angeles Crest Highway. It cuts through the mountains above LA. Its a longer way around however you get to go around the grapevine and end up going through Tehachapi. We have a HUGE windmill farm, and the world famous Tehachapi loop. Both are VERY scenic. To minimize time, and maximize fun take highway 2 all the way up into the mountains, pick up Angeles Forest Highway to Palmdale, take the 14 freeway to Rosamond, Rosamond Blvd West untill Tehachapi-Willow Springs road, and take that aaaaaaaallllllll the way to Tehachapi. From there there is another road that takes you to a scenic overlook of the Tehachapi Loop. I took your map and added the changes. Also, if you go through Rosamond in the daytime you will pass by Willow Springs Raceway, a historic race track and they almost allways have something going on.

http://www.mapquest.com/?le=t&hk=2-H...5385f69367c168

P.S. Mapquest can get you lost in a hurry. I recommend Google.
I found Rt 2, depending on when we land and get squared away that may be an option. But the map you posted is the same one i had, no changes made.
Bigballsofpaint is offline   Reply With Quote