View Single Post
Old March 12th, 2020, 11:12 AM   #51
JmcEx2fifty
ninjette.org member

Name: Joe

Motorcycle(s): 2007 Ninja 250R + 2001 Ninja 500R = 666 PreGen500BMF

Okay so I never switched the needles yet because I still wanted to get absolutely everything solved before I did that to see if it was even necessary. My problem was air flow like I thought the pods I have were too restricted as soon as I pulled them off completely just as an experiment and ran it without anything on it yeah it ran like **** it's a lower range because obviously I have no back pressure for the slides but as soon as it hit 6-7k instead of cutting out like before now I basically I'm smoking the tires hahaha almost wheelies over. So I'm just trying to work out a happy median now on my air supply. I currently have the 250 cluster so I'm not even sure what the red line on the 500 is supposed to be. I'm going to go back and check that voltage you are asking for today sometime. I don't know what came loose but something's up with my blinkers right now and I'm pissed because I had them working perfect all the lights work and everything. But putting fairings on and off and pulling my carb in and out and all the other stuff I've been messing with is probably the cause. Anyways Danny I'm just trying to get everything I'm capable of fixing and diagnosing 100% out of the way and then whatever problems I have remaining I would like your help to troubleshoot and I appreciate all the help from everybody up to this point it's been entertaining as hell. I'm going to build a custom airbox and it is going to work perfectly god dammit. And if there's any pessimists in this room keep it to yourself hahaha. More updates soon.