View Single Post
Old February 20th, 2010, 11:04 AM   #6
Grn99Kawi
ninjette.org sage

Name: A

Motorcycle(s): 2000 Honda CBR600F4 (sold) 1999 Ninja 250 (sold)

Hey Kerry,

Greetings from another LIer... your buddy made many mistakes.. and I'm not just talking about the accident.. riding without a license is widespread.. most of the time I rode with mine I had a licensed buddy with me, but I admit I did ride alone to work sometimes.. but this was after I had gotten used to the bike.
Riding a bike is dangerous.. no way around that.. riding on the island is probably worse than many places in the US, but might still be better than some... not sure where you are.. Im in Nassau Cty.... My Ninja was my first bike, and I loved it.. what a great machine to learn on and really develop your skills.. mine would still be in my garage, but I wanted something a bit better for highway cruising with buddies.. the ergos on my CBR are similar to my Ninja... but there is more power.. Im glad I had that bike.. it was perfect for 85% of my rides...

Where are you going to go for the MSF? Tramas? I was a bit suspicious of the $350 price tag, but I have to tell you that it is worth it. I took it after about 800 miles of riding and I learned a TON.. I do recommend it if you can swing the coin..

Snake really summed it up.. get gear and wear it.. and I don't mean just a helmet... be scared, careful, and know your limits (and the bike's)
Take the MSF, ride your ride, and find people that ride safely...

Best of luck,
Adam

1999 Kawi Racing Green Ninja 250 sold
Grn99Kawi is offline   Reply With Quote