View Single Post
Old February 20th, 2010, 11:23 AM   #9
Grn99Kawi
ninjette.org sage

Name: A

Motorcycle(s): 2000 Honda CBR600F4 (sold) 1999 Ninja 250 (sold)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kerrynyc View Post
I am from Nassau County as well... I know the roads around here are crazy. I am going to take the course at Tramas, the 350 price tag doesn't bother me, I just want to learn as much as I can. The only thing I am now concerned about is how little experience I have on a bike. My friend taught me a little bit on his cruiser but that was only one time. When you enter Tramas do they expect you to know everything off the bat? I have friends who ride... but they go super fast, I could never ride with them. I'd be doing it alone.
My instructors at Tramas were awesome. Both had 20-25 years experience, and they were super critical but patient at the same time. The people in my group ranged from people like me that had some experience, to people that had a few years riding, to people that had never before sat on a bike.. by the end of the three days nearly everyone was comfortable riding and was able to do maneuvers that we never would have tried before (with any measure of success probably).

The classroom part is a bit dry.. some reading, watching movies and discussion.. but the two days on the range are what make you better.. get there on time or you will be dismissed... and btw.. they had a nice pregen blue Ninja 250 that I took.. everyone else had 125 or 250 cruisers...

If you are interested.., a buddy and I go out on Sunday mornings usually.. sometimes to Ocean Parkway, and sometimes down 25A he has a cruiser too.

Adam

1999 Kawi Racing Green Ninja 250 sold
Grn99Kawi is offline   Reply With Quote