Old February 22nd, 2013, 10:28 AM   #29
rojoracing53
Fast-Guy wannabe

Name: Jason

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja250, 2011 RM-Z250, 2004 NSR50,

MOTM - Jan '13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjamomma View Post
I hope you don't view it exactly like the guy in video. Yes, turn on all 8 processing cores of your brain, but leave the horrific visual results process at home.

Watching that video reminded me of being a new mother (28 years ago), in that - when your kids are doing something risky, a new mother's mind will run through all the possible harm scenarios with great graphics. It is funny to watch a new mother tense, grimissing, clinched teeth with all muscles of her body shaking and stiff.

While this video is funny, I think the mind set of the cyclist is dangerous, and you don't want to view the possibilities like this. When I first started riding, I did the same thing - playing a tape of horrific, graphic possibilities (seeing myself fly through the air, getting hit, etc.) which lessened my ability to focus on the ride as my muscles became tense. I would pull over and say to myself, "STOP thinking like that," took a big breath and tried to relax before continuing. This could be because I'm a women, and is possibly why there are not more women riders, because it is in our nature to keep from harm.

While I believe you need to have a healthy fear (I like the word respect better), please take it slow if you are the kind of person that thinks like this, because you will be tense and over-react to situations.

Sorry youngsters, 56 year old Ninjamomma sharing wisdom and don't want anyone to get hurt.

Much love
Two stages is the best way to describe it. Stage one is subconscious so its an automatic response with no graphic visuals. Stage one ranges from completely legal to pissing off those who have there brains turned off till they realized they're getting passed. Stage two happens when stage one fails to process a viable option and I consciously deem the execution of stage two protocols necessary stage two consists thinking outside the box and range from highly frowned upon to vagrantly illegal maneuvers.

Stage two is very rarely use but when it is use with a passenger the maneuvers is normally dubbed the Perez lane, Perez pass...ect and passed around by my circle of friends.

The Perez family have earned a reputation among our single processor friends because they can't handle stage one as a passenger

If you want to re-live the exhilaration of those first few years of motherhood I'd be more then happy to take you on a drive. I do ask that you cover any and all damages caused by over gripping handrails or the utilization of the non existent passenger floor brake
rojoracing53 is offline   Reply With Quote